News and Updates
Update: HRC BetaApril 26, 2021
- General performance improvements for the hand grid.
- New display modes for the Range viewer: More Information.
- Action amounts are now displayed in big blinds.
- Use position names even when player names are available from HHs.
- Changed the Commitment Threshold setting to apply to both calls/raises and use effective stacks.
- Fixed an issue with Monte Carlo node locking.
- Fixed redundant lines being included in the tree generation.
- This entry covers several small updates starting from 2021-04-18.
2021 Public Beta: HRC Goes PostflopApril 16, 2021Read More
A preview of the next HRC version is now available for download, introducing new features for deeper stacked calculations. This post will be updated throughout the beta phase to reflect the current progress and list known issues.
Update: HRC MainApril 08, 2021
- Added a "No Flop No Drop" setting for raked chipEV.
Update: HRC MainApril 06, 2021
- Update to OpenJDK 16.
- Update GG network parser to support modified format.
Update: HRC MainMarch 18, 2021
- Maintenance update: Installer and launcher are now signed with an Extended Validation certificate.
- This upgraded certificate should get rid of any Windows SmartScreen warnings some users have reported.
Update: HRC MainMarch 08, 2021
- This was a server side update, no client update required.
- Fixed "Hand: Share Hand" upload errors for MTT ICM hands.
- Fixed various display issues in the online hand viewer.
Update: HRC MainFebruary 22, 2021
- Tweak to Monte Carlo mode to improve convergence for complex betting setups.
Update: HRC MainFebruary 16, 2021
- Added a bubble factor display at Hand: Show Bubble Factors.
- Added initial support for Unibet history format.
- Replaced graph/plot library. Slightly updated look, the functionality of plots remains mostly unchanged.
- OSX: Updated the hand grid to be more in line with the Windows/Linux font selection.
Update: HRC MainJanuary 08, 2021
- Fixed UI issue with the structure table when using large Windows text size settings.
- Fixed broken icon for the Structure Manager.
- Added support for PokerBros histories.
Update: HRC MainDecember 20, 2020
- The hand grid now scales with the available screen space.
- Please let us know if you experience any issues with this change.
- This is released a bit sooner than planned to fix an issue from the last update that affected Windows users with text size settings of 150% or higher.
Update: HRC MainDecember 16, 2020
- Update to OpenJDK Java 15
- Fixed/added digital signatures for the Windows installer and launcher.
- This should reduce and eventually eliminate warnings by Windows SmartScreen.
Update: HRC MainSeptember 16, 2020
- Fixed a numerical issue in the MTT ICM model that could cause an error message for very large MTT setups.
Update: HRC MainAugust 27, 2020
- Added support for converted Ignition histories (PokerStars format).
- Improved detection of running poker clients to avoid false positives with h2n processes.
Update: HRC MainJuly 23, 2020
- Updated RCP framework to 2020-06.
- Added support for pasting ranges in Pio format (e.g. AKs@75, AdKd@50).
- Fixed PokerStars hand histories with € symbol encoding issue.
Update: HRC MainJune 15, 2020
- Updated parser for Bovada/Ignition (PT4).
- Fixed UI resource leaks that caused issues when running a large number of calculations in one session.
Update: HRC MainJune 09, 2020
- Fixed a memory leak that could prevent memory from being freed up after closing a calculated hand.
Update: HRC MainJune 05, 2020
- Updated parsers for: iPoker(PT4/HM3), PartyPoker.fr.
- Updated default position names.
Update: HRC MainJune 02, 2020
- Fixed various issues related to the Range: Plot functionality.
- Added an "Adj. Blinds" display to the tooltips in the Outline area.
Update: HRC MainMay 27, 2020
- Fixed a bug where switching from bounty type KO to None sometimes wasn't correctly applied to following calculations.
- Fixed problems with the PT4 SQL import of WPN histories.
- Fixed support for iPoker histories in £.
Update: HRC MainMay 12, 2020
- Added additional tooltip information to the Outline area.
- Fixed support for converted PokerStars histories.
Update: HRC MainApril 17, 2020
- Added support for Chico Histories (H2N).
- Changed Commitment Threshold setting to percent of starting stack.
- Fixed a bug where the Commitment Threshold setting wasn't applied as intended.
Update: HRC MainApril 07, 2020
- Updated PokerStars (Home Games) parser.
- Fixed issue with parsing PokerStars Freerolls.
- Removed limit of max. 32 threads (Window: Preferences: General Performance)
Update: HRC MainApril 01, 2020
- Updated iPoker (PT4) parser.
Update: HRC MainMarch 26, 2020
- Added support for GG Network.
Update: HRC MainMarch 25, 2020
- Update to Java 14, eclipse RCP 2020-03.
- Fixed Linux permission issue preventing updates to be applied. Please re-download the program if you experience update issues in Linux.
Update: HRC MainMarch 13, 2020
- Additional iPoker fixes for import from PT4 (Clipboard and SQL).
Update: HRC MainMarch 03, 2020
- Improved iPoker import from PT4 (Clipboard and SQL).
- Fixed WPN support when importing from PT4 (SQL).
Update: HRC MainFebruary 18, 2020
- Added support for new PartyPoker format.
2020-02 HRC UpdateFebruary 06, 2020Read More
A major HRC update is now available for download. This release includes a new Monte Carlo calculation engine, an improved Multi Table ICM mode and various user interface changes.
Update: HRC BetaJanuary 08, 2020
- Release Candidate 3
- Fixed range editor not automatically applying locked mode in some cases.
- Updated RCP framework to the latest version (2019-12).
Update: HRC BetaNovember 25, 2019
- Release Candidate 2
- Fixed strict all-in detection for Quick Analyze.
- Fixed range selection via the Outline checkboxes.
Update: HRC BetaNovember 15, 2019
- Release Candidate 1
Update: HRC BetaOctober 22, 2019
- Range Editor: Hand weights can now be changed by using the mouse wheel.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 15, 2019
- Updated various information messages and tooltips.
- Fixed a rare issue where some FGS calculations would fail with an error message.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 15, 2019
- Added bounty configuration options to the MTT setup dialog.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 01, 2019
- Fixed issues with the hand import context menus not displaying correctly.
Update: HRC BetaSeptember 26, 2019
- Updated to Java 13.
- Added import / export options to the toolbar of Tools: Structure Manager.
Update: HRC BetaSeptember 24, 2019
- Fixed: Some FGS setups would fail with an error message when high absolute prizes were specified.
- Updated RCP framework to the latest version (2019-09).
Update: HRC BetaSeptember 17, 2019
- Updated HH parser for 888.
- Added new Structure Manager at Tools: Structure Manager.
- Custom structures and categories can be created from the toolbar and organized via drag and drop.
- Options to import / export custom structures from external files will be added shortly.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 06, 2019
- Updated HH parsers for PokerStars (Home Games) and 888.
- Updated bundled OpenJDK Java Runtime.
- Support additional range syntax for pasting text ranges from other tools (e.g. K2+ for K2s+ K2o+).
- Remember display style for range grid when switching between ranges.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 01, 2019
- Bugfix: Last update from 2019-07-26 broke the copy/paste functionality for ranges.
Update: HRC BetaJuly 26, 2019
- Fixed issue where some range edits resulted in error messages. (Math engine)
- Fixed issue where range locking was not handled correctly in some cases. (Monte Carlo engine)
Update: HRC BetaJuly 19, 2019
- Parser updates for 888, WPN, iPoker.
Update: HRC BetaJuly 05, 2019
- Added support for new WPN format.
- Parser update for 888.
- Some minor layout and UI changes.
Update: HRC BetaJuly 01, 2019
- Fix an issue related to player naming in the spot selection dialog page.
- Range editor: Allow adding/removing of entire rows/columns via right click.
Update: HRC BetaJune 05, 2019
- Range editor: Remember last used display style.
- Fix some UI issues on OSX.
Update: HRC BetaJune 03, 2019
- Range editor: Re-added option to add/remove multiple hands via CTRL + left click.
- Minor UI fixes.
Update: HRC BetaMay 27, 2019
- Range editor: Changed behaviour to allow adding/clearing of hands via left click drag.
- FGS depth can now be changed within the hand setup dialog.
- Long running equity model calculations (e.g. FGS) now show an approximate ETA.
Update: HRC BetaMay 06, 2019
- Math engine calculations were sometimes broken after using the Monte Carlo engine.
- Fixed an issue that caused some hand setups involving forced actions to fail with an error message.
Update: HRC BetaMay 04, 2019
- Hotfix: OSX version was broken in yesterday's update.
Update: HRC BetaMay 03, 2019
- Added Advanced Hand mode for the Monte Carlo engine.
- Monte Carlo engine now averages equities over several boards per sample to improve convergence speed.
- Improved performance for Monte Carlo subtree sampling.
- Update to Java 12.
- More Information
Update: HRC BetaApril 15, 2019
- Remember basic settings between restarts.
Update: HRC BetaApril 12, 2019
- New FGS implementation.
- Some minor bugfixes.
Update: HRC BetaApril 09, 2019
- Enable FGS for Monte Carlo mode.
Update: HRC BetaApril 08, 2019
- Re-activate PT4 SQL import for the beta version.
Update: HRC BetaApril 07, 2019
- Hotfix: Bounties were sometimes incorrectly awarded in the 2019-04-05 update.
Update: HRC BetaApril 05, 2019
- New: Monte Carlo mode (Supports card bunching and up to 10 active players)
- Fixed various layout issues and minor bugs.
- More Information
Update: HRC MainApril 02, 2019
- Support for new 888 hand history format.
- Fixed an issue causing high CPU usage on wake-up when HRC was open during extended periods of PC hibernation/sleep.
Update: HRC MainDecember 17, 2018
- Fixed rare issue with MTT bounty calculations.
- This only affected MTT bounty calculations where the min/max stack was manually forced during MTT stack generation. The current beta version is not affected by this issue.
Update: HRC BetaDecember 11, 2018
- Various minor layout changes to the hand grid, Quick Analyze dialog, etc.
- Support for multiple HH formats within aa single file, to support exports from PT/HM.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 17, 2018
- Updated hand editor to use the new grid implementation.
- Multiple hands can now be added/removed by holding the left/right mouse button and drawing over the grid.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 12, 2018
- Updated to Java 11.
- Updated main hand grid layout and added additional tooltip information.
- Fixed various layout bugs related to dpi scaling. Non-standard dpi settings should work correctly now.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 13, 2018
- Fixed integration of the new MTT model that caused rare numerical issues with very short stacks.
- Hand info is now correctly applied when creating Basic/Advanced Hands from the import table.
- Custom structures can now be saved without specifying the chip total.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 09, 2018
- Bugfix: Bounty calculations were not setup correctly with the new MTT model.
2018/19 HRC Public BetaAugust 01, 2018Read More
This post was tracking the progress of the 2018/2019 HRC beta version. As of February 2020 these changes have been integrated into the main HRC version.
High Accuracy ICM Calculations for Large FieldsJuly 27, 2018Read More
In-depth evaluation of HRC's new MTT ICM model. This equity model for poker tournaments supports scenarios with thousands of remaining players and provides estimates that are practically as good as exact Malmuth-Harville ICM values.
Update: HRC MainJuly 04, 2018
- Parser update: Fixed Merge import for KO tournaments when copied from PT4.
Update: HRC MainJune 15, 2018
- Bugfix: Moving BU setting was not correctly applied since the last update.
HRC 1.4 Update: KO/PKO Bounty TournamentsJune 03, 2018Read More
Support for KO/PKO bounty tournaments is now available in the stable version of HRC. The next cycle of beta features will start later in June.
Update: HRC BetaApril 23, 2018
- Added support for iPoker/Veikkaus histories.
- Added support for Merge histories copied from PT4.
- Minor bugfix for HTML exports.
Update: HRC BetaMarch 16, 2018
- Added PKO support for MTT calculations.
Update: HRC BetaMarch 14, 2018
- In some cases PKO bounty settings were not correctly applied for imported/pasted hand histories.
Update: HRC BetaMarch 13, 2018
- Fixed issue with MTT bounties introduced by the PKO update.
Update: HRC BetaFebruary 24, 2018
- Fixed setup issues with QuickAnalyze and FGS introduced by yesterday's update.
Update: HRC BetaFebruary 23, 2018
- Added progressive bounty support for ICM/FGS calculations (MTT coming soon).
- PokerStars progressive bounties are filled automatically from hand histories.
- Locked bounty model to "proportional" based on additional research, "flat" and "moderate" models will be discontinued. Detailed information about this decision will be posted soon.
- A snapshot of the previous beta with "flat" and "moderate" models still active is available for reference here.
- Added support for SimplePostFlop range format for pasting ranges from clipboard.
- New 2+2 support thread is available here.
Update: HRC MainFebruary 23, 2018
- Fixed trial registration issue.
- Fixed rare FGS bug that affected lines where 2+ players are forced all-in by antes.
Update: HRC MainSeptember 29, 2017
- Parser update for iPoker(PT4).
Update: HRC MainSeptember 11, 2017
- Parser updates for PartyPoker and iPoker.
- Updated web viewer (Hand: Share Hand).
- Updated installers with latest Java Runtime.
Update: HRC MainAugust 27, 2017
- Integrated latest bugfixes and parser-related updates from the beta into the main version.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 25, 2017
- Bugfix for an issue that caused high CPU usage in some rare scenarios.
Update: WebAugust 06, 2017
- Added ante version of the HU push-or-fold charts.
Update: HRC BetaJuly 07, 2017
- Parser updates for PokerStars and PartyPoker.
Update: HRC BetaJuly 05, 2017
- Parser update for PokerStars.
- Added KO support for MTT calculations.
Update: HRC BetaJune 15, 2017
- Parser update for PartyPoker.
- Added support for alternative WPN format (PT4 copy/paste).
Update: HRC BetaMay 19, 2017
- Parser update for iPoker (PT4).
Update: WebMay 11, 2017
- New free tool: ICM equity calculator
Update: WebMay 03, 2017
- Launched new site
Update: HRC MainApril 30, 2017
- Added preset structures for WPN's SNG 2.0 format.
- Integrated all parser-related updates from the beta into the main version.
Update: HRC BetaApril 02, 2017
- Added preset structures for WPN's SNG 2.0 format.
Update: HRC BetaMarch 13, 2017
- Parser update for Merge, PKR.
- Bugfix for the MTT dialog to correctly preserve stacks of other tables between calculations.
Update: HRC BetaMarch 03, 2017
- Parser update for FTP.
- Added stacks table to HTML export.
Update: HRC BetaDecember 12, 2016
- Parser update for Bovada/Ignition.
Update: HRC BetaNovember 07, 2016
- Parser update for iPoker and 888.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 24, 2016
- Parser update for iPoker and Merge.
Update: HRC BetaOctober 10, 2016
- Parser update for iPoker (PT4) and 888.
- Added .CSV export option for the range grid.
- Minor bugfix for the range editor when handling custom weights.
Update: HRC BetaSeptember 28, 2016
- Parser update for Winamax.
- Minor tweaks to the MTT calculations.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 31, 2016
- Parser update for Cake.
- Added a Time Offset setting to the SQL import dialog for PT4/HM2.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 23, 2016
- Parser update for Cake.
- Added a configuration option to control the display of tournament equities (Window: Preferences: Equity Display):
- Total Regular Prizes: This is the "classic" mode and displays equities as a percentage of the tournament's total regular prize pool. This total excludes bounties, so bounty calculations have equity totals of 100% + #players x bounty.
- Table Equity: This mode normalizes equities so the sum of EQPre% values on the table equals 100%. For single table calculations this means the equities are displayed as percentage of the remaining prizes to be awarded, including bounties. The normalization factor can be displayed by hovering over the hand tab header.
- The new "Table Equity" mode is intended to simplify working with large MTT calculations where EQDiffs% in relation to the total prize pool can become unhandily small. This mode also avoids inflated equities in bounty calculations by including bounty payoffs in the total.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 11, 2016
- Added the option to select arbitrary hand weights in the range edit dialog.
- Added an advanced configuration option for the bounty calculations to Window: Preferences, also accessible via the Details button in the Basic Hand Setup page when ICM is selected.
- Bounty model details see: 2+2 Thread
Update: HRC BetaAugust 09, 2016
- Various UI clean-ups related to the new features.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 06, 2016
- Slight tweak to the bounty model for better accuracy. Thanks to 2+2 poster kolemoen for the suggestion!
Update: HRC BetaAugust 04, 2016
- Added option to save the displayed range by right clicking on the hand grid.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 03, 2016
- Added support for raked cash calculations.
- Outline area now displays in [BB]/[%] depending on the selected equity model.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 02, 2016
- Added FGS support for Advanced Hands (push-or-fold for future rounds).
- Added common PokerStars bounty structures to the prize presets.
Update: HRC BetaAugust 01, 2016
- Added bounty support for ICM and FGS.
- Added option to specify a blind increase for FGS.
- Parser update for PartyPoker.
- FGS bugfix: Skipped blinds were incorrectly applied in some simulated hands.